Power prestige slide

anyone know of a way i can get this power without having to pay for the dvd
edition? i dont like to cheat but...i hate to pay for another edition of the
game. or 19.99 for the hero kit.
6 answers Last reply
More about power prestige slide
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Chris Gray" <chris.gray@charter.net> wrote in

    > anyone know of a way i can get this power without having to pay
    > for the dvd edition? i dont like to cheat but...i hate to pay for
    > another edition of the game. or 19.99 for the hero kit.

    Unless you are gifted by family or friends, that's about it.....

    It requires the DVD code, or getting it directly from NCSoft store.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:20:18 -0500, Chris Gray <chris.gray@charter.net>
    wrote:

    > anyone know of a way i can get this power without having to pay for the
    > dvd
    > edition? i dont like to cheat but...i hate to pay for another edition of
    > the
    > game. or 19.99 for the hero kit.

    The game, powers and all, is run on NCSoft's servers. That's the people
    you don't want to buy from. So, forget it.

    good sign." -G
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Magnus Itland <itlandm@online.no> wrote:
    > The game, powers and all, is run on NCSoft's servers. That's the
    > people you don't want to buy from. So, forget it.

    I think he's looking for a patch or something. It might be that simple,
    might not.

    I think the power slide thing looks completely dorko, FWIW.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 29 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-

    On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 15:51:56 -0000, Shenanigunner
    <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote:

    >Magnus Itland <itlandm@online.no> wrote:
    >> The game, powers and all, is run on NCSoft's servers. That's the
    >> people you don't want to buy from. So, forget it.
    >
    >I think he's looking for a patch or something. It might be that simple,
    >might not.

    ....Only way to get it is either buy the full DVD edition or buy the
    "stand alone" pack of the gifts that come with it for the ~$20 price.
    Note that this pack includes a 30 day gamecard, and this card can be
    applied to an existing account. As such, you're "effectively" only
    paying $5 for the goodie pack when you subtract the $15 for that one
    month that's included.

    --
    Dark Tyger

    Stop the madness! (Marvel Vs Cryptic Studios petition)
    http://www.petitiononline.com/marvscoh/petition.html

    Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
    http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:20:18 -0500, "Chris Gray" <chris.gray@charter.net>
    scribed into the ether:

    >anyone know of a way i can get this power without having to pay for the dvd
    >edition? i dont like to cheat but...i hate to pay for another edition of the
    >game. or 19.99 for the hero kit.

    Even if you wanted to cheat, you couldn't. Server side character.

    Spending more money is the only way to get it.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 15:51:56 -0000, Shenanigunner
    <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote:
    > Magnus Itland <itlandm@online.no> wrote:
    >> The game, powers and all, is run on NCSoft's servers. That's the
    >> people you don't want to buy from. So, forget it.
    >
    > I think he's looking for a patch or something. It might be that simple,
    > might not.

    But you can't patch entire powers on your computer, only graphics or sound
    effects. (And even then the modified colors or whatever would only be
    visible on his own monitor.) The powers are executed on the server, which
    are all run by NCSoft.

    > I think the power slide thing looks completely dorko, FWIW.

    Indeed the graphics patches I have seen have all toned DOWN the glittering
    powers, rather than adding more glitter. And the benefit of slide is that
    it is slightly faster than sprint. It doesn't fit most character
    concepts. It would have looked better if it came with a surfboard
    though...

    good sign." -G

Games Power Video Games