Problem with NewEgg

snipingkid

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2007
Hi,

After choosing the memory I wanted I received a nice little message from new egg. Did you know your PayPal address has to be confirmed?

Well, I currently live in Canada, and my grandparents are on vacation in florida. I wanted to send RAM to them so they can bring it to me.

However, I don't have a credit card licensed in FL, so I can't purchase.

This may seem a bit weird, but I would like someone to purchase this thing for me. I can pay prior to the purchase via PayPal.

The RAM is 124$ and we get a 40$ rebate. I am thinking about asking whoever accepts to help to put up a auction on ebay, just for my own protection.

I will pay any additionnal fees.

Anyone interested? :wahoo:

Thanks

rockbyter

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
At no point shall you ever offer to do this sort of transaction again to a stranger. It is forbidden. You're setting yourself up for disaster. Call family, friends, neighbors, send them a check for the amount it is, and have them buy it straight up. Don't jump through hoops.

lilsage

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2008
I agree with rockbyter... obviously, as you can see, some people are good and honest... others however are not so nice. If you can't find what you want on newegg look elsewhere. There are a lot of great companies out there. I myself am in Calgary and deal exclusively with Memory Express.... www.memoryexpress.com

Given that everything they sell is in Canadian, they are excpetionally competitive. Because they are an OEM store, like newegg, they can undersell all the retail outlets. Give them a look... they do ship. Might also want to see if there is an OEM store near you.

snipingkid

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2007
I'll check it out, but I am pretty good at trusting people, and if any problems occur, I always have paypal to back me up. That's why I mentioned the ebay thing as well.

I'll check your site (lilsage).