MSN Messenger Audio/Video Setup

I am trying to setup msn messenger v.7 to be able to listen to a voice and
answer back in writing. (eager to hear my son's voice)

I have WinXP home edition and speakers.
I don't have webcam and dont have speakers.
I run the Audio/video tuning wizard, tested the speekers and they are fine.
Still I am not able to hear the his voice after accepting the (audio)
invitation.
My ISP provider distributing the internet through LAN/WAN.

Is there any tricks I can try to make this happen? I would appreciate any
tips that I can try to resolve this issue.

--
" Who asks is a fool for five minutes, but who does not ask remains a fool
forever "

oops I have made a typo in my post,
for clarification I do have speekers but dont have a mic. & webcam.
So far I run the repair utility - no luck with it. Also removed and
reinstalled and got the same issue. hmm.. :(
--

"pegassus" wrote:

> I am trying to setup msn messenger v.7 to be able to listen to a voice and
> answer back in writing. (eager to hear my son's voice)
>
> I have WinXP home edition and speakers.
> I don't have webcam and dont have speakers.
> I run the Audio/video tuning wizard, tested the speekers and they are fine.
> Still I am not able to hear the his voice after accepting the (audio)
> invitation.
> My ISP provider distributing the internet through LAN/WAN.
>
> Is there any tricks I can try to make this happen? I would appreciate any
> tips that I can try to resolve this issue.
>

> --
> " Who asks is a fool for five minutes, but who does not ask remains a fool
> forever "

when you play an audio file.... do you have any sound? and have you made
sure that the volume is up high enough in messenger when the audio
conversation is running? if you don't have any sound... are you sure your
speakers are plugged into the right port? are the speakers muted? are the
speakers turned on as well as plugged in? is the volume control on the
speakers at an adequate level?.... assuming you have volume control on the
speakers themselves....

pegassus wrote:
> oops I have made a typo in my post,
> for clarification I do have speekers but dont have a mic. & webcam.
> So far I run the repair utility - no luck with it. Also removed and
> reinstalled and got the same issue. hmm.. :(
>
>> I am trying to setup msn messenger v.7 to be able to listen to a
>> voice and answer back in writing. (eager to hear my son's voice)
>>
>> I have WinXP home edition and speakers.
>> I don't have webcam and dont have speakers.
>> I run the Audio/video tuning wizard, tested the speekers and they
>> are fine. Still I am not able to hear the his voice after accepting
>> the (audio) invitation.
>> My ISP provider distributing the internet through LAN/WAN.
>>
>> Is there any tricks I can try to make this happen? I would
>> appreciate any tips that I can try to resolve this issue.
>>

>> --
>> " Who asks is a fool for five minutes, but who does not ask remains
>> a fool forever "

Hi Terra Prime;
Yes I do have sounds and the speakers volume set to almost max.
I can play and hear any other audio file, except from the messenger :(
Thank you for responding..
--

"Terra Prime" wrote:

> when you play an audio file.... do you have any sound? and have you made
> sure that the volume is up high enough in messenger when the audio
> conversation is running? if you don't have any sound... are you sure your
> speakers are plugged into the right port? are the speakers muted? are the
> speakers turned on as well as plugged in? is the volume control on the
> speakers at an adequate level?.... assuming you have volume control on the
> speakers themselves....
>
> pegassus wrote:
> > oops I have made a typo in my post,
> > for clarification I do have speekers but dont have a mic. & webcam.
> > So far I run the repair utility - no luck with it. Also removed and
> > reinstalled and got the same issue. hmm.. :(
> >
> >> I am trying to setup msn messenger v.7 to be able to listen to a
> >> voice and answer back in writing. (eager to hear my son's voice)
> >>
> >> I have WinXP home edition and speakers.
> >> I don't have webcam and dont have speakers.
> >> I run the Audio/video tuning wizard, tested the speekers and they
> >> are fine. Still I am not able to hear the his voice after accepting
> >> the (audio) invitation.
> >> My ISP provider distributing the internet through LAN/WAN.
> >>
> >> Is there any tricks I can try to make this happen? I would
> >> appreciate any tips that I can try to resolve this issue.
> >>

> >> --
> >> " Who asks is a fool for five minutes, but who does not ask remains
> >> a fool forever "

Then my guess would be to make sure your son's mic volume is up high enough,
that he has his mic plugged into the right port, and that the Mic Boost
option in the Volume control settings (located in Control Panel) is checked
on. If it still won't work, your son's mic may be bad.

pegassus wrote:
> Hi Terra Prime;
> Yes I do have sounds and the speakers volume set to almost max.
> I can play and hear any other audio file, except from the messenger :(
> Thank you for responding..
>
>> when you play an audio file.... do you have any sound? and have you
>> made sure that the volume is up high enough in messenger when the
>> audio conversation is running? if you don't have any sound... are
>> you sure your speakers are plugged into the right port? are the
>> speakers muted? are the speakers turned on as well as plugged in? is
>> the volume control on the speakers at an adequate level?....
>> assuming you have volume control on the speakers themselves....
>>
>> pegassus wrote:
>>> oops I have made a typo in my post,
>>> for clarification I do have speekers but dont have a mic. & webcam.
>>> So far I run the repair utility - no luck with it. Also removed and
>>> reinstalled and got the same issue. hmm.. :(

Thanks again for the tipp. He is able to do this with many others, except me
:(
So, I assume something is wrong on my side. (also remote assistance doesn't
work and the same is with the white board) The communication port -UDP port
5190- open, which needed for voice com. Hmm what else can we think of ??