jimbonewbie

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
This may sound like a dumb question or a silly idea but bear with me. I am wondering there is such a thing as a mATX board with SLI or crossfire. It would be cool to have a SFF computer with 2graphics cards. If a manufacturer made such a board would this be the configuration

1/4x PCI-E on top
16X PCI-E slot
Legacy PCI slot
16X PCI-E Slot

I think such a configuration would allow a user to use 2 double wide graphics cards. This may sound silly to you enthusiasts, but I like the smaller size of my mATX setup. Also I don't have any need for addon cards, and if I did it would be a PCIE tuner card. Any links would be appreciated. Flaming is acceptable as long as it isn't tooo crude.

groo

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2008
I believe EVGA made a SLI uATX mobo a while back; when SLI was broken into 8x + 8x. I think it was a s939 board. It aparently wasn't made to OC well. It actualy did space the slots so 2x double wides would be an option with no other cards.
I think it was an nForce 4 board

It was fairly popular with the lanparty crowd i guess.

So contrary to poular opinion here it can be done and it has been done.

I didn't buy one, I wanted the ability to OC, and consider SLI to be a bit of a waste.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff

Jetway made one and EVGA relabeled it, but that was long ago. You'll want something newer, if you find anything let us know.

Also, you'd want the x16 slots on top (1st) and 3rd so you can use double-slot graphics cards.

Furthermore, people calling Micro ATX cubes "SFF" are stupid. No worries, stupidity goes to the top. SFF refers to cubes with two-slot motherboards.