Sign in with
Your question

my computer is dead?!! black screen after welcome

Last response: in Systems
January 31, 2008 4:29:39 AM

sorry im new here so dont know if this the the best place to make this thread
so my probelm is
since my LCD moniter makes noises even when it's "off", i manually unplug the moniter.
so anyways today i turned on my computer and forgot to re-plug my monitor back in and when i re-plugged in my monitor it couldn't detect anything
so i held the power button for 5 seconds and my computer turned off.
then i turned my computer back on....only now after the welcome screen, i can see and use my mouse but everything is else is black
it takes about 10 minutes to load my desktop but it's so slow i cant even do anything
i tried system restore but it didnt work
my cpu is @ 100% the whole time
when i go into safe mode everything loads up fast and i tried using system restore there too and it didnt work
any help appreciated!!!
January 31, 2008 11:29:10 AM

List the full specs.

Could be malware.
January 31, 2008 9:02:55 PM

c2d e6300 2 gigs ram 300gb hd nvidia 7900gs
for some reason the black screen goes away after 10 mins and my desktop loads horribly slowly
everything still works though if it doesnt lag to death and give me explorer isnt responding
some of my startup programs fail to load and my firewall takes like 15 mins to load
is there anyway i can just system restore it away??
Related resources
February 1, 2008 3:07:37 AM

hi, thanks for the reply. im using windows vista
sorry for not clarifying but when i meant unplugging my monitor, i didn't pull out the dvi cable thing.
what i meant when i meant was i turned off my monitor's power cord so that the monitor went completely off instead of from green to orange color.
and yesterday i turned on my computer without turning my power cord's switch back on.
so when i turned my power switch on, my monitor was unable to show my desktop since i turned my monitor on so late.
so what i did was hold the power button of my desktop for 5 seconds until it shut itself down.
then now that i made sure my monitor was on, i turned my computer back up but then after the welcome screen, only my mouse would show with a black background and after about 10-15 minutes my desktop would slowly load.
my computer is always @ 100% cpu usage for some reason and lags horribily.
it was fine 2 days ago and this wasn't the first time i have forgotten to turn on my monitor. i've shut down my computer and restarted it several times but this is the first time with the massive lag.
February 2, 2008 4:09:59 AM

lol ok nevermind just reformmated and it's all good again
!