Computer Shutting Off while loading

ukbsktbll

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
I am not sure what the issue is, but i just put together a new system which was working fine. I have a HD in there that i had in my other system and it had windows on it. I was told to do a repair. Well wasnt paying attention and it loaded windows and i get the blue screen after a while. Well then i loaded it and hit the recovery console, and then realized i was in the wrong place. Well I went away for a few days, came back to try to do the repair the right way, and as its loading it just turns off. It sometimes turns off real quick, sometimes it will last a little longer, and the longest it lasts is getting to the blue windows screen where its reading the OS cd. It was just working fine. I did have 3 hds hooked up and decided to unhook them all and just use one - a 320gb sata. I am really not sure what the problem is. Any help would be much appreciated.

ukbsktbll

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
i think the problem was the cpu temp. i went to monitor it and it would go up to 100c and then shut off. I have an intel core duo processor and heat sink that u push through the 4 holes. Well i think it is the worst design ever. Two of the pins are in and two aren't but i cant get the two that are in out of the MB to retry it. I figured this cause i went to my pc health and when i pressed in on the heatsink my temp would drop fast and when not it would rise. Is there anyway to keep the heatsink better mounted cause the 4 pins arent working.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006

Uh, yea, I have may water pump on a different circuit and a couple of times I have forgotten to turn it on and of course after it reaches that magic temperature, the mobo shuts down.

You should be glad its shutting down as its saving your chip. Old Athlons just melted down unless the mobo was smart enough to kill the power before they blew.

Reset your heatsink and check for proper setting and thermal grease.