Cann't install Vista 64 Bit on ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe/Wifi

can007

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
I just bought my new motherboard for my new PC. I've tried to install Vista 64 Bit, but Vista says that I needed driver for something (I just figured it out that it was the RAID controller, 'cause I'm running on RAID 0). Some folks on the Internet said that I needed to install the driver for Vista to know my HDD. Unfortunately my lappy doesn't have a Floppy A and it doesn't work with thumb drive, so I can't use the program that came with my mobo (It was called "Make Disk"). Now I'm running Ubuntu and needed driver right away thanks!

stoner133

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2008
The folks on the internet are correct, suggest you find a friend that can make that floppy disk with the driver on it for you. It's either that or drop the RAID array.

leon2006

Distinguished
You can use USB-flash drives CD,DVD...You don't need a floppy to do this. Bios today are pretty good USB-base devices can be read/accessed.

Have you done this type of installation before that the OS does not recognize the drive controller? Wazzalk recommended procedure should walk you through it. Its a common scenario for new HW. Start up pains for new hardware

You need to place your driver on the flash drive or CD.

Hope this help...

can007

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
Thanks for the help. I'm now tring to update my bios (some folks said it worked), if it doesn't I'll borrow my friends external floppy A.