IF MY XP PRO SYSTEM SHOULD LOCK UP--( ACCESSING SYSTEM RES..

If my system should lock up such that I can't get to the Start
Menu, Ctrl-Alt-Del won't help, etc., how might I still access System
Restore?

will gladly go on to help those who know even less than me
1 answer Last reply
More about system lock accessing system

    Hi,

    1. Restart your computer, and then press F8 during the initial startup to start your
    computer in Safe Mode with a command prompt.

    2. Log on to your computer with an administrator account or with an account that has
    administrator credentials.

    3. Type or paste the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER:

    %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

    4. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to an
    earlier state, or undo the last restore if available.

    All About System Restore in WinXP
    http://bertk.mvps.org/

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    potatosnketchup wrote:
    > If my system should lock up such that I can't get to
    > the Start Menu, Ctrl-Alt-Del won't help, etc., how might
    > I still access System Restore?
    >
    > will gladly go on to help those who know even less
    > than me

Microsoft Windows XP