Desktop Won't Load, Background Only, Explorer Problem

winxpi7

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
I built my computer last summer and had a trouble free year up till about this April. In April whenever I would boot up my computer it would randomly sometimes not load up all the desktop icons and task bar, however, most of the time a simply restart would solve the problem.
Now its the end of June and no matter how many times I restart, I cannot get my toolbar and icons to come up. I can only navigate via task manager.
I have searched for solutions and have tried the following:
Replacing explorer on the C drive with one from another computer
Renaming explorer to a random name and running it
Terminating explorer and reloading it on task manager
Running superantispyware
Running HiJackThis
Running AVIRA
...and nothing seems to work

I am currently running Windows XP Professional 32bit.

I wasn't sure how to do the Windows repair using the disc, so I don't know if someone thinks that could do the trick and could walk me through it.

Does anyone have any suggestions, I have tried almost everything on the web it seems! I don't know if there are any other solutions. Thanks a lot for your time!

mibix19

Distinguished
From the run command or new task in task manager type sfc /scannow This will check you system files and hopefully replace all corrupt files. Also run Ccleaner (both icons on left of program window- for cleanup and for the registry)

50crckt51

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2008
If you are going to run the "sfc /scannow" command, it will require the OS disk to complete it's function. I would advise an AV scan be run to be on the safe side.

winxpi7

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
I have the OS disk so I should be okay with that. Also what is the "AV scan"?
And I am also a little confused by what you mean when you say:
Also run Ccleaner (both icons on left of program window- for cleanup and for the registry)
What is Ccleaner? And what do you mean by "both icons on left of program window"

Again, Thank you very much for your help.

50crckt51

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2008
My apologies, the AV refers to whatever your current "Anti Virus" program is. Ccleaner is a registry cleaning application from Piriform.com it is a very good tool to have. I am here if you have any further questions?