HIS Iceq 3870 ?

The Dead Man

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
Hi I just got my HIS Iceq 3870. I insatlled with the new drivers from amd, not the disk.

My question is I have a little white square, size 2-3 millimeters hight & width on my top left corner of the
screen on my desk top back ground & I've changed my back ground & it's still there.

It is not visual on the internet & I haven't checked it out on a game yet. To see how this card runs, gonna do
that right now & see how the card preforms.

& how do u check the cards temp & fan speed?

Ps the white square wasn't there with my old Pci card

Any info or feed back would be appreciated, thank You.

Suicider

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
Just to add to your experience, I had the same issue when I installed catalyst 8.1 which is the latest. Don't worry though, there's nothing wrong with your card, as I am using an x1950 XT card (Sapphire made). I incidentally rolled back to catalyst 7.12 today and noticed that the little mystery square was gone. I guess you've probably noticed by now that it doesn't affect anything else, only desktop, so if I were you i'd keep the current drivers (8.1) since they should be more suitable for the card (being a rather new model and all..). I know it's not a solution but I hope you'll be relieved to know that there's nothing wrong with your card :)

The Dead Man

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
Ya I was wonder if any one can tell me why I'm getting this message.

Could not load or assembly 'MOM.Implementation, version=2.0.2943.27527, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e'or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find file specified.

All I did was reinstalled windows & put all my drivers & programs back on

I know it has too do with the CCC cause I can't use it & its does not appear in the bottom right corner any more & this is on windows xp on my 500gig sata segate. Coud it have some thing to do with me putting windows vista on my 320 sata segate. I am not running them together, just 1 or the other 1 it was fine on vista , but then I needed 2 use xp on my other hard drive cause I needed to do some down loading with xp , progam is not the same on vista.

Arne27

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2008
Google the error code and it will come up with comments on Microsoft's forums/communities. This refers to .NET Framework problems. Follow the links and follow the advice given, particularly about uninstalling and reinstalling .NET Framework versions. There are 2 cleanup tools suggested, one of which is the Microsoft tool found under KB923100 - use with discretion. the other being the dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip. The latter is your first port of call. This may fix it for you. In my instance with an identical error message, it did not despite going through the whole scenario 3 times. I surmised that the ATI Catalyst Control Centre at the business end of Mom.exe was not co-operating with .Net F. So this evening on a hunch removed the ATI CCC through Add/Remove programs, rebooted, cleaned up with Driver Cleaner Pro, rebooted, installed the CCC only where it gives you the option of a custom install (though the graphics drivers will automatically install), rebooted and voila the CCC appears as normal in the system tray and functions as normal. There is other advice on other forums which states that only the process/service - Mom.exe, or CLIstart - needs to be disabled, but this only means you do not have the use of the CCC though your graphics drivers should remain fine. This all applies only to XP - a similar procedure may help on Vista.