Changing the way we think.

jpeg14

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
Question: has anyone ever made a program that disables all processes on win7 to the bare elements for gaming.
Similar to what an box 360 does, It only executes a single process at a time.
When i mean bare i mean no explorer only key elements for gaming.

Thanks..

jpeg14

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
I mean something like the "Amd fusion utiliy" and "game booster"... except these programs dont work suffocation to my demand. something that cuts out every single service/process/application besides gaming required processes.....

x Heavy

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
There used to be a Windows called "Me" where you had just two processes prior to gaming. One of which is Explorer and the other was the game.

There was a few programs from open source for XP I think was called Killproc or something like that. It reduced your system to just what it needs to run.

Vista and 7 probably don't have that and run on sufficiently powerful computers as to make killaproc unnecessary.

What you could try to do on a dedicated gaming machine is to reduce the amount of windows stuff installed until you have just enough to run a stable system.

The last time I tried to modify a computer to run a game was through the use of a add on NIC called Killer2100. It would take game traffic to the top and exclude all else to a lower priority. It made enough of a difference as to you surviving a fight that otherwise got you dead.