darkspreader

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2006
I have tried everything in my power to get my Gigabyte 965P-DS3's onboard ALC888 drivers to work in Windows XP Pro 32-bit. It has worked before I just reformatted, but now that I have reformatted, the Realtek HD Audio drivers will not work at all. It installs all fine and dandy, but when I restart, nothing has changed. Still no audio.

Any suggestions? Maybe I'll have an excuse to get an X-Fi XtremeGamer sound card :p

major53

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2007
darkspreader you sure the sound master volume is not mute.also in sound and audio devices properties under control panel there is a right triangle next to browes is it grayed out if you click it should make a sound of what ever sound you choose!.hope this helps you.

alpine18

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2008
Check your bios settings and make sure the Azalia setting is enabled or set to auto. I had the same problem the other day - installed my drivers about 4 times before I realized I had the onboard audio disabled in the bios.

darkspreader

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2006
Azalia onboard audio is enabled (set to Auto) in BIOS, also, there is no sound master volume because it thinks there are no drivers installed. It just says "No Audio Device" and that's it.

I have tried the Microsoft UAA driver, I have tried the device manager, I have tried installing the original audio drivers from the CD, and yet still nothing. I have pretty much tried everything that I have found over Google.

alpine18

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2008
Strange. Did you install both the Realtek driver and the MS UAA driver at the same time?
Sounds like a good excuse to get the X-Fi XtremeGamer :)

darkspreader

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2006
I installed the UAA driver then the audio drivers. Either way though, Realtek's latest versions do that automatically when you install...

This is very strange. I have one last resort that I am going to do. I am going to install the drivers, then disable the onboard audio in the BIOS, boot it up, restart, re-enable the onboard audio, and see what happens...

I hope it doesn't work so I can get that X-Fi card, lol. I'd like to get the Fatal1ty XtremeGamer card, but it's a little out of my budget...

Edit: Wellp, that didn't work, so looks like I'll be getting me a new sound card! :D I just hope that $80 is worth it...

darkspreader

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2006
I fixed the problem. It turns out that there was an item in the device manager labeled "PCI Device." I updated the drivers for it by letting it automatically look for them, and bam, it installed the Microsoft UAA drivers. After that everything worked like a charm. My Realtek HD Audio was detected right after the Microsoft UAA driver was installed.

Too bad I can't get a Soundblaster now... :p

major53

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2007
darkspreader glad to here you got it fixed:device manager labeled "PCI Device." I updated the drivers for it by letting it automatically look for them, and bam, it installed the Microsoft UAA drivers

saved yourself $80.00 bucks :bounce: