ANTEC 900 POWER CABLE NOT REACH

howhard

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2008
Hi there,

I think I already posted this but cant seem to find it so sorry if I double post.

I've wanted the antec 900 case for a couple of years now and I finally get it and I cannot get the 4pin power cable to reach.

I don't know what this 4 pin is as I know it isn't the main power connector but the machine will not turn on without it so.. :)

Seems silly as i've looked on plenty other mobos and the connector is in the same place on all of them (nearly) and the cable isnt short either just normal length.

any help much appreciated,

Regards,

Howard

jnava121

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2007
So your power supply 4 pin connector is to short to reach the motherboard?

Not sure how that relates to the case itself? :)

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
I don't know what this 4 pin is as I know it isn't the main power connector but the machine will not turn on without it so.. :)
That is your CPU power cable. It is most definitely required to start up.

Mine is almost stretched tight (same case, but probably a different PSU), try routing it different ways. Like, try going around the side of the GPU, over the top, maybe under the side, etc. It should reach. If not, I think there are extenders for those cables that you could use.

CNeufeld

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
A number of cases are starting to mount the power supplies in the bottom, rather than the "standard" top mounted one. The Antec 900 is one of those cases. Compared to the PSU top mounted case, your power cable obviously needs to be longer in the bottom mounted ones.
Some power supplies don't have long enough cables to handle this.

You should be able to find a local supplier that sells a 4 pin cable extension, as someone else mentioned. Locally, they sell for around $5.

Clint

Looks like the best option. But IF you have the knowledge to do it, i would just use some 18/16 guage HIGH QUALITY electrical grade wires and just make a patch (cut the wires from the middle and add in the new wire, solder after it and cover it with electrical tape). I have done this before to accomendate some case mods and has worked great so far.

howhard

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2008
Nice1, thanks I'll just get an extension for it, I did manage to get it to reach (well force it over top of gfx but is v.unsafe ) and now I am upgrading motherboard and the connector is even further away :)

using a sumvision power supply.

Thanks so much you guys, if any1 knows a UK supplier of the cable would be even better, but sure I can find 1 easilly enough.

Kevrev

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
Hi All...I have the same issue with the Antec 900 case and I also have an Antec Earthwatts 650 PSU I bought hoping that the 4 pin connector would reach better for my Asus P6T motherboard but no such luck.The connector reaches but its a sloppy routing and just looks unprofessional.Was hoping someone would have found a PS that is actually meant for bottom mount cases on here.Guess Ill get the extension cable too.

Thanks
Kevin