Win XP sp3 not booting normally

jsumiog

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
Hi experts,
When i boot my computer it prompt- press f2 and press f11, when i press f2 it open to bios setup, if f11 it ask me option to boot in harddisk or floppy, i already disable floppy to bios, but it still when i press f11 i still need to press boot to harddisk then it will continue i waited 3 or 4 min just to open windows.what could be the problem of this computer is it the Hardware or the OS and how to solve?
Thank you

You need to visit your BIOS again. In there will be entries for boot priority or boot options.
Select hard drive as the first boot device. Read any notes or help items on the screen to help
you make the change. If you have more than one hard drive, there will be a method of choosing which drive gets to boot.

More exact help can be obtained if you state make and model of your computer.

jsumiog

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010

Thank You.

jsumiog

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010

I already check up bios,but still same, i set up xp sp3 again but no apearance for the repair, this is not branded but my MOB

jsumiog

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
I already check up bios,but still same, i set up xp sp3 again but no apearance for the repair, this is not branded but my MOBO is VIAVT8237R, i also don't have driver for this MOBO any link.
Thank You.

That number you supplied is not the brand or model of the board, it is the Southbridge chip.

The make and model of the board may be printed using the silkscreen method and usually is done with white paint. The name and model may be in larger letters than the numbers on the chip you saw.