Sign in with
Your question

Windows vista sp2 freezes

Last response: in Windows Vista
January 5, 2012 5:53:52 PM

Any know what could be causing my computer to freeze. Doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes right after i log in to vista and play an mp3 with media player I'll play fine for about a minute than all of a sudden no sound and everything is frozen with the Hard Disk light constantly on. The mouse moves but cant click any thing and Ctrl Alt Delete doesn't work neither to bring up task manager, and after a couple of minutes the mouse freezes too. Hears my computer specs 3 gig ddr2 ram, 320gig 7200.10 hard drive, vista x86 sp2 and an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Brisbane 2.3GHz.
January 14, 2012 1:45:27 PM

shafe88 said:
Any know what could be causing my computer to freeze. Doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes right after i log in to vista and play an mp3 with media player I'll play fine for about a minute than all of a sudden no sound and everything is frozen with the Hard Disk light constantly on. The mouse moves but cant click any thing and Ctrl Alt Delete doesn't work neither to bring up task manager, and after a couple of minutes the mouse freezes too. Hears my computer specs 3 gig ddr2 ram, 320gig 7200.10 hard drive, vista x86 sp2 and an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Brisbane 2.3GHz.

Check that HD for errors asap !
m
l
January 14, 2012 2:45:59 PM

Already found out the cause, it was my display drivers. Updated my display drivers and that solved the problem.
m
l
!