Sign in with
Your question

After system restore froze windows cant start

Last response: in Windows Vista
January 5, 2012 6:12:03 PM

My computer kept on freezing up on me so I did a recovery to factory image. While doing that it froze, now Windows can't start at all! When I go back to System Repair to do it again, my password doesn't work! I don't have any discs except a Windows 7 one. What can I do? I need help ASAP! Its not my computer!!! :hello: 
January 5, 2012 9:53:46 PM

capecodmom11 said:
My computer kept on freezing up on me so I did a recovery to factory image. While doing that it froze, now Windows can't start at all! When I go back to System Repair to do it again, my password doesn't work! I don't have any discs except a Windows 7 one. What can I do? I need help ASAP! Its not my computer!!! :hello: 

1) You should not have done a restore to factory settings, without knowning the cause of the problem.

2) Windows 7 CD isn't going to help you on a Vista system.

1st you say, my computer, then you say not my computer. Are you confused ?
January 5, 2012 10:45:16 PM

ksiemb said:
1) You should not have done a restore to factory settings, without knowning the cause of the problem.

2) Windows 7 CD isn't going to help you on a Vista system.

1st you say, my computer, then you say not my computer. Are you confused ?

I guess I should have said my daughter's computer? Sorry! Well anyway, is our computer fixable or should we bring it to Best Buy and have it recycled?
January 6, 2012 8:28:54 AM

capecodmom11 said:
I guess I should have said my daughter's computer? Sorry! Well anyway, is our computer fixable or should we bring it to Best Buy and have it recycled?

If you can startup in Safe Mode, this may or may not work for you, but is
worth a try.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Start-...
!