Check this card.... XPERT VISION 8800GT 1GB

monst0r

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2007

that card is slower than a 512mb version at the same clock speeds in 99% of games...

completely wrong
The 1GB verison may not be faster than the 512MB version in almost every game but it isnt slower either

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/palit_geforce_8800_gt_super+_1gb_review/

Cut and pasted from the page I linked to :-

Main Description: GEFORCE 8800 GT 512MB / ALPHA DOG EDITION / PCI-E 2.0

Supplemental Description DDR3 / DUAL DVI / HDTV / HDCP / RoHS / Vista Ready / Company of Heroes Game Bundle

Chipset: GF 8800 GT
BUS Type: PCI-E 2.0
GPU Clock 600 MHz
Memory Bus 256-bit
Memory Type DDR3
Memory Size 512MB
Memory Speed 1.8 GHz
Shader clock 1188 MHz
Cooling Type FANSINK
HDTV OUT YES
VGA NO
DVI OUT YES (DUAL)
DUAL-LINK DVI YES (DUAL)
Max Supported Resolution 2560 X 1600
HDMI NO
RoHS YES
HDCP YES
NVIDIA-SLI READY YES
Windows Vista Ready YES
Low Profile Compatible NO

Perhaps you should learn to read before you refer to others as 'boy'.

P.S A sentence should be started with a capitol letter, thats the big version of the one seem to like using.

monst0r

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2007

i never said drastically, but the reason its .1 fps slower is because of access times and the fact that it has to more to worry about..dont come in here saying "completely wrong" when i was right.

monst0r

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2007

that you were correct, because THAT is correct :)

Thanks guys, but it would appear that jaymc is just a waste of genetic material messing about on mummy's keyboard.

I read a couple of reviews where the 1gig card blows the competition away. One of the games had something to do with PT Boats, Nights of the Pacific...or something similar. Amazing how much more performance was gained. Can't understand why it lacks in others though.

FrozenGpu

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
"1GB More Future Proof?: In all the games we tested today, the 1GB frame buffer offered by the Palit GeForce 8800 GT Super+1GB offered little or no performance improvement over the stock GeForce 8800 GT 512MB. Even in our 2560x1600 tests, the additional memory offered no advantage in some games."

-http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/palit_geforce_8800_gt_super+_1gb_review/page15.asp

I was wondering why would anybody want to spend so much and get so little in return. When I converted the price of that first card off of ebay it was like $357 USD, jesus...You should really make some friends in the US and buy a 8800gt from the states, but then again I'm not 100% sure what customs would charge or exactly how it works, yada yada yada. But damn ppl should be taking advantage of the US currency being so weak right now...b/c in the U.S. you could easily obtain a good 8800gt for like $240ish? Have a friend ship it out maybe another $20 or so still worth it.

But thats just me. :whistle:

TRENDING THREADS