SSD vs Xtreme RAID who wins?

Between a SAS 15k 2.5” Raid 0 for system and apps with a SAS 15k 2.5” Raid 0 for page file OR a

• SSD x2

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • SAS 15k 2.5” Raid 0 x2

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

jfurterer

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
I was thinking about this recently and wondered which would be the better performer. I know there was early problems with SSD drives but most if not all of these performance issues have been resolved both with hardware and software evolutions. Also SAS drives are becoming more mainstream from the server market and thought this was now a viable question.

So give the opportunity where budget is no object but is something to be tabulated which option would provide the most performance?

DISCLAIMER: Any benchmark links would be a plus! I didn't include any because I don't want them to become the focus of discussion. I have no plans to build either of these solutions in the present or near future or foreseeable future. I came to this interest due to my research around a Raid 3 solution I do intend to implement. Higher performance as well as higher redundancy storage solutions interest me as both a 3D, Video and Flash developer as well as a gamer; please take both aspects of computing into your assessments.