Help on calibrating new monitor

jburrows500

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2007
I just picked up a new LG 24" monitor that I seem to be having problems gettign the correct color. I installed the driver but did not see any calibration software for it. My 8600GTS video card seems to want to adjust the color for me but then I see adobe gamma in the control panel that is also looking to adjust the color.. then there are the controls on the monitor. I am totaly confused at this point where I should be making the adjustments... any help would be appreciated.

Right now I am using adobe gamma to set the monitor. I read an article on calibration that said bring contrast to 100% and bring brightness down to the point of where you see the dark box.. It looks good.. but very bright when just reading text on white background.

blashyrkh

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2007
Well, i got a 24" LG as well and I assure you that there was no calibration software included. I tried the one from the NVidia panel, but I ended up (followed instructions to the letter) having 100% brightness and 0% contrast, which didn't really work out for me. At about 70& bright and 70% contr, at 6500 deg, it looks quite good. This monitor is so damn bright!!