Trouble Updating and connecting to Server

aptl08

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2008
Hello
I am having trouble with some programs connecting to their servers. For one thing, i am currently using Avira Antivir Personal- Free Antivirus as my antivirus program, but it needs to update. when i try to update it, it says "Internet Connection Failed". and the only reason i dowloaded Avira was because i had AVG Free and it was having the same problem-couldnt update.
Another problem is with the Zune Marketplace software. I can open it, but i cant do anything that needs internet connection (i cant browse the marketplace or login). when i go to zune.net i can log in just fine.
Also, my firefox is not working. i am currently using Internet Explorer, which for some reason is working. When i try to use firefox, it says "Failed to Connect-Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.google.com" or whatever website you try to go on.
I have already reinstalled these programs multiple times, but with no success. My firewall is not the problem either i think. On windows firewall, i have all of these programs as exceptions.
The only thing i can think of that may be doing this is that i downloaded Comodo Firewall because i heard that it was supposed to be the best. Late i uninstalled it, but when i go to Windows Security Center, it says there are two firewalls running, windows fireall and Comodo. but i dont know how to get rid of the comodo firewall. i already uninstalled it and i cannot find anything on it on my computer.
Even after i uninstalled the Comodo Firewall (which was about a month ago) all of the above programs worked. then one by one they stopped working.

I am currently using a Windows Vista which is about 4-5 months old.

Please someone help

4everit

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2008
Sounds definitely like system mess (firewall).

Try to uninstall all 3rd party firewalls using this tool:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Disable your built in firewall and test everything out.

If it does - you can bring back your built in firewall (this should be enough for you since you are having problems configuring more advanced firewalls).

Hope this helps little bit.

aptl08

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2008
I installed the Install cleaner, but wasnt able to find the Comodo Firewall on it. So i downloaded the comodo firewall again and still wasnt able to find it on the list for the install cleaner. Then when i uninstalled Comodo, the firewall no longer showed in the windows securtiy center, which was good, but i still got the same problem. nothing has changed. i turned off windows firewall and it didnt help. nothin seems to be able to connect to the internet or something for some reason.
Thank you for your reply though

Im getting frustrated now. please can someone help me

keifer46

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
Was this a problem before you installed the software firewall? I had this problem with zone alarm even after I uninstalled. Try re-installing this firewall, but this time configure the firewall to allow your lan to communicate with the other machines on your network. I had a hell of a time with Zone alarm and trying to find all the reg entries so I just configured it to work on my network. Hope this helps.

aptl08

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2008
i redownloaded the Comodo Firewall, and i think i configured it but still nothig has happened. the problem is still there.
Maybe i didnt configure it right, so if someone can help me with that, but i think i did it all right.
does anyone have any other ideas? ill try anything.

Cherller_123

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
The 10 Most DVD to iPod Software Reviews and Downloads

iPod is arguably one of the coolest devices ever created. If you have an iPod, you know what wonders those little machines perform supporting music, video and pictures. What could be better than pulling out your iPod to watch a few clips from the Internet when you' re bored on the road or if you have extra time between classes? DVD to iPod Software helps you convert DVD you' ve downloaded or uploaded to your iPod. Now I will help you make an informed decision on which DVD to iPod Software is right for you.

Link: http://pop.american-auto-loan.com/200810/The-10-Most-DVD-to-iPod-Software-Reviews-and-Downloads_36.html
1 | iPod Video Converter + DVD to iPod Suite
DVD to iPod Software - 1

It is an all-in-one iPod video Conversion solution. It includes 2 software -- " iPod Video Converter" and " DVD to iPod Converter". It supports almost all kinds of DVD formats to iPod Movie / iPod Video format (MP4 format) and DVD to VCD/SVCD conversion. It direct convert DVD to iPod so its conversion speed is far faster than others.
The 10 Most DVD to iPod Software Reviews and Downloads | Posted 10/14/2008
Features Set: 9 | Ease of Use: 8. 5 | Speed of Conversion: 8. 5
UI skin: 8 | Reviewer Rating: 8. 5 | Popularity: 8. 5
1.jpeg

download now

2 | Avex DVD to iPod Video Suite
DVD to iPod Software - 2

It is a One-click, All-in-One solution to create iPod movies from DVDs, TV shows and home Videos. It combines DVD to iPod Converter and iPod Video Converter in one package.It features fast conversion speed, superb Video/Audio quality. And it's easy to use!
Features Set: 8. 5 | Ease of Use: 8. 5 | Speed of Conversion: 8
UI skin: 8. 5 | Reviewer Rating: 8 | Popularity: 8
2.jpeg

download now

3 | PQ DVD to iPod Video Suite
DVD to iPod Software - 3

This suite provides a One-Click, All-In-One solution to convert DVD, Tivo, DivX, MPEG, WMV, AVI, RealMedia and many more to iPod Video. It support MPEG-4 and H.264 with high video quality plus advanced video editing features. Its DVD conversion speed is super fast ( up to 400%).
Features Set: 8 | Ease of Use: 8 | Speed of Conversion: 8
UI skin: 8 | Reviewer Rating: 7. 5 | Popularity: 7. 5
3.jpeg

download now

4 | Accelerate DVD to iPod Converter
DVD to iPod Software - 4

It is the fastest DVD movie to iPod video converter software so far in the world. It can convert almost all kinds of DVD to iPod video (mp4) format. Its conversion speed is far faster than real-time, converting one DVD movie only takes half an hour in some high-end computers.
Features Set: 7. 5 | Ease of Use: 7. 5 | Speed of Conversion: 8
UI skin: 7. 5 | Reviewer Rating: 7. 5 | Popularity: 7
4.jpeg

download now

5 | Super DVD to iPod Converter
DVD to iPod Software - 5

It is the easiest and the most powerful DVD to iPod Converter software. It can capture and convert any segment of a DVD movie to iPod mp4 format, select target subtitle and audio tracks.
UI skin: 7. 5 | Reviewer Rating: 7 | Popularity: 7
5.jpeg

download now

6 | Wondershare DVD to iPod Ripper
DVD to iPod Software - 6

It is a powerful DVD Ripping software for Apple iPod video. It can easily convert all kinds of DVD to iPod video (mp4) format with highest conversion speed and excellent conversion quality. It is also an easy-to-use iPod converter.
UI skin: 8 | Reviewer Rating: 7 | Popularity: 6. 5
6.jpeg

download now

7 | Aimersoft DVD to iPod Converter
DVD to iPod Software - 7

It can easily convert DVD to iPod MP4 Video (h.264) and iPod MP3 for iPod Touch/Nano/iPod/Classic. It embed a powerful free iPod Copy Manager that can directly transfer DVD to iPod without iTunes, It can also copy your music, movies and TV shows from iPod to computer for backup.
Features Set: 7 | Ease of Use: 7 | Speed of Conversion: 7. 5
UI skin: 8 | Reviewer Rating: 6. 5 | Popularity: 6. 5
7.jpeg

download now

8 | Wondershare DVD to iPod Suite for Mac
DVD to iPod Software - 8

It is an excellent DVD to iPod conversion tool that is designed for Mac OS users to convert DVD to iPod touch, iPod classic, iPod nano and other iPod players. It provides you with various DVD editing functions such as DVD chapter and title selection, movie trimming, video joiner and so on.
Features Set: 7 | Ease of Use: 7 | Speed of Conversion: 7
UI skin: 7. 5 | Reviewer Rating: 8 | Popularity: 6. 5
8.jpeg

download now

9 | Aplus DVD to iPod Ripper
DVD to iPod Software - 9

It convert DVD files to a format that iPod understands. It is more simply and easy to use. It just a few clicks will completes the task of ripping DVD movies.
Features Set: 6. 5 | Ease of Use: 7 | Speed of Conversion: 6. 5
UI skin: 7 | Reviewer Rating: 6. 5 | Popularity: 6
9.jpeg

download now

10 | iSkysoft DVD to iPod Suite for Mac
DVD to iPod Software - 10

It can rip DVD to all sorts of video files and extract DVD audio to various audio files. It can also output video and audio files that can be perfectly played on most portable players.
Features Set: 8 | Ease of Use: 6. 5 | Speed of Conversion: 6
UI skin: 6. 5 | Reviewer Rating: 6 | Popularity: 5. 5
10.jpeg

download now

Link: http://pop.american-auto-loan.com/200810/The-10-Most-DVD-to-iPod-Software-Reviews-and-Downloads_36.html