Sign in with
Your question

AM PRESSING A KEY AND A DIFFERENT LETTER APPEARS ON MY KEYBOARD

Last response: in Windows XP
July 2, 2010 9:24:31 AM

Please help me.am having a problem with my keyboard.when i press a key,a different letter appears on a screen.for example,when i press Y,i see Z on the screen.pllease help me.WHAT CAN I DO....Thank u
July 2, 2010 9:26:00 AM

Check your keyboard settings in Control Panel. Make sure that your keyboard is set up for the right country.
July 2, 2010 9:50:41 AM

sema said:
Please help me.am having a problem with my keyboard.when i press a key,a different letter appears on a screen.for example,when i press Y,i see Z on the screen.pllease help me.WHAT CAN I DO....Thank u

Turn it upside down and give it a hearty thump on the back as though you're burping a baby. Watch those toast and biscuit crumbs fly out and see if that makes it work properly.

Related resources
July 2, 2010 2:40:24 PM

A can of compressed air also works wonders.

However, Y and Z aren't near each other. You may have caught some malware and had your keyboard remapped. Try using a different keyboard, and see if the same happens. If it does, you should run a malwarebytes scan. If it doesn't happen, then you've got a bad keyboard.
July 2, 2010 6:13:41 PM

aford10 said:
A can of compressed air also works wonders.

However, Y and Z aren't near each other. You may have caught some malware and had your keyboard remapped. Try using a different keyboard, and see if the same happens. If it does, you should run a malwarebytes scan. If it doesn't happen, then you've got a bad keyboard.

You have a point there - my Hungarian keyboard has Z where I believe Y should be, culminating a lot of typos when i'm writing English on it.

July 2, 2010 6:57:17 PM

Interesting. Yes, I imagine that would create some typing mishaps. :o 
July 3, 2010 6:09:16 AM

aford10 said:
Interesting. Yes, I imagine that would create some typing mishaps. :o 

[#0005ff]I won't draw attention to the embarrassing proof from my recent visit to my Budapest office then but I know a few Y's turn up as Z's as soon as I stop concentrating and do things from habit. It's the oddest keyboard I've come across - the zero is to th eleft of number one for starters.[/#000ff]
January 16, 2014 11:09:12 PM

sema said:

navigate to this address in your computer
Control Panel\Clock, Language, and Region\Language

then you see the language used by our pc

then navigate to this address
Control Panel\Clock, Language, and Region\Language\Language options

click on preview and see how the layout looks and ur keyboards

if it is different then navigate to the first address and select add a new language select english and there are 16 types of english select and check which one matches your keyboard and then select that language and set it as default for keyboard layout

if ur problem gets solved add my ans as solution if it doesn't then contact me or
message me on Telephone number removed by Saga Lout

Regards
DZ
February 26, 2014 11:33:56 AM

help and support center> control panel> install languages and keyboard layouts> install east asian languages.
or

help and support center> control panel> install languages and keyboard layouts> multilingual document consultant> My document is supposed to contain text in another language, but the characters are not correct.> click the hyper link "Regional and Language Options"> choose your language.

Thanks,
Arif zaki Imam
<personal information removed by moderator>
!