Bootmgr is missing & bios issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

goony20

Distinguished
May 1, 2009
I'm attempting to wipe a sata hard drive clean on an old cpu and start fresh. I am having issues with my bios settings on an msi 865pe neo2-p and a seagate sata HDD. The main issue is that the default bios settings allows the vista dvd to boot and go through the motions; however, it doesn't locate the HDD I am trying to load windows on. It's the only HDD in the tower, so it's my only choice. When I go into Bios to change the settings to enable sata, even though my dvd is set to boot from first, I'm getting the bootmgr error as though it is still attempting to boot from the sata HDD.

Solution

U can always resize later...

goony20

Distinguished
May 1, 2009
I'm assuming I just need to find the right settings in the bios for enabling the sata after reseting to default. So once the bootable cd goes, it will recognize the drive.

goony20

Distinguished
May 1, 2009
so I've finally managed to get the cd to boot, I was being a retard. Now I have a partition issue. I have all this unallocated space that I cannot reallocate to make two partitions. As of now, I have three disk0 of unallocated space. When I try to make new partitions, my only option is to make partitions of equal size to the three I had on before.

U can always resize later...

Solution

hollhoos

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
As of now, I have three disk0 of unallocated space. When I try to make new partitions, my only option is to make partitions of equal size to the three I had on before.
g.gif

U can use Gnome Partition Editor

GParted is a free partition editor for graphically managing your disk partitions.

U can resize, copy, and move partitions without data loss, enabling you to:
■Grow or shrink your C: drive
■Create space for new operating systems
■Attempt data rescue from lost partitions

Status
Not open for further replies.