Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Bootmgr is missing & bios issues

Last response: in Windows Vista
January 9, 2012 8:10:44 PM

I'm attempting to wipe a sata hard drive clean on an old cpu and start fresh. I am having issues with my bios settings on an msi 865pe neo2-p and a seagate sata HDD. The main issue is that the default bios settings allows the vista dvd to boot and go through the motions; however, it doesn't locate the HDD I am trying to load windows on. It's the only HDD in the tower, so it's my only choice. When I go into Bios to change the settings to enable sata, even though my dvd is set to boot from first, I'm getting the bootmgr error as though it is still attempting to boot from the sata HDD.
January 9, 2012 8:14:35 PM

I'm assuming I just need to find the right settings in the bios for enabling the sata after reseting to default. So once the bootable cd goes, it will recognize the drive.
Score
January 9, 2012 8:21:46 PM

when I think I have bios settings right, says press any key to boot from cd (not working), following by bootmgr error, then ctrl alt delete restart.
Score
Related resources
January 9, 2012 8:51:35 PM

I can get into my bios, and legacy support is on, so it shouldn't be an issue with the keyboard not being recognized
Score
January 9, 2012 9:33:21 PM

Connect the keyboard to your computer by using a different USB port.
Score
January 9, 2012 9:58:58 PM

so I've finally managed to get the cd to boot, I was being a retard. Now I have a partition issue. I have all this unallocated space that I cannot reallocate to make two partitions. As of now, I have three disk0 of unallocated space. When I try to make new partitions, my only option is to make partitions of equal size to the three I had on before.
Score

Best solution

January 9, 2012 10:00:19 PM

goony20 said:
so I've finally managed to get the cd to boot, I was being a retard. Now I have a partition issue. I have all this unallocated space that I cannot reallocate to make two partitions. As of now, I have three disk0 of unallocated space. When I try to make new partitions, my only option is to make partitions of equal size to the three I had on before.

U can always resize later...
January 9, 2012 10:19:51 PM

thanks for the response, i'm just gonna go ahead and install, mess with it later. my problem is the only partition is allowing me to install on is 11.6 gb
Score
January 10, 2012 6:53:57 AM

As of now, I have three disk0 of unallocated space. When I try to make new partitions, my only option is to make partitions of equal size to the three I had on before.
Score
January 10, 2012 9:17:23 AM

U can use Gnome Partition Editor

GParted is a free partition editor for graphically managing your disk partitions.

U can resize, copy, and move partitions without data loss, enabling you to:
  • Grow or shrink your C: drive
  • Create space for new operating systems
  • Attempt data rescue from lost partitions
    Score
    January 26, 2012 10:34:48 PM

Best answer selected by goony20.
    Score
    January 26, 2012 10:39:22 PM

Thanx for the vote goony20 : )
    Score
    January 26, 2012 10:39:41 PM