Lupiron

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
hehehe, Oh yeah! I have had the problem. Seems to happen alot on NVidia type boards.

The only things I can recommend is to make sure everything is off of auto. So try manually entering in a value for each field that you can.

Another thing that will work, is force the NVidia control panels' dynamic bios access to save changes upon next re boot Via windows. Just make the FSB and mem speed equal the one already in the bios, and it should save it.

I wish I had better info for you, but like you, I can not find a reason these boards do that some times.

--Lupi

roush2fast

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2007
Hello Lupi, thanks for the suggestion but it did not work. I tried using N-panel to mirror bios settings and all it did was freeze up. I tried several times with same end result. I also tried the bundled software Core 2 Center which has an over clock utility. When I made any FSB/CPU changes it froze.

Please tell me he didnt buy a $140 crap board that won’t allow his E8400 to over clock.

Lupiron

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
No, it will change, but you'll have to figure out how!

All my NVidia boards seem to have the problem. And you just have to literally try everything. I can not tell you any one single options. But it will save! Unless it's a bios flaw.

--Lupi

roush2fast

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2007
hey Lupi , thanks for the replies. I used the onbaord utility to flash his bios but it didnt update to the latest. i see a new bios was released last month. I will try that. Question : If the "in windows" flash doesnt take can I save to flash drive and boot from it to flash bios ? We dont have a floppy ?

Lupiron

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
Sure. Most boards have a bios based utility to flash from a flash drive. Toss it in, activate the flash program, and thats that!

I am not sure about MSI, and where it is, but I am sure it will be there.

--Lupi