Sign in with
Your question

How do make direct3d available

Last response: in Windows 7
August 25, 2011 1:25:21 PM

just installed windows 7 ultimate because my old hardrive packed up on me, and now i find that my direct3d- directdraw-& agp acceleration are not available, can anyone advise me on how to enable them. enable & disable function not listed in my directx display. thank you gjs

More about : make direct3d

a b \ Driver
a c 372 $ Windows 7
August 25, 2011 1:45:00 PM

Install the proper drivers for your video card.
m
l
Related resources
September 1, 2011 11:44:01 AM

hang-the-9 said:
Install the proper drivers for your video card.

thanks for your reply, tried that, windows saying all drivers up to date
m
l
September 1, 2011 11:49:01 AM

das_stig said:
+1 install W7 drivers, if none available, install the Vista version.

Also install DirectX 9c June 2010

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=81...

thanks for your reply, widows say's drivers up to date, tried installing dx 9 but windows would not let me istall over dx 11
m
l
a b \ Driver
a c 372 $ Windows 7
September 1, 2011 1:32:40 PM

gjs1951 said:
thanks for your reply, tried that, windows saying all drivers up to date

Don't listen to Windows quite yet. If you look in Device Manager, does the video card listed actually match what you have? Also take a look at the driver details, does it say the driver is provided by Microsoft or the PC or video card vendor?

Also check video properties and make sure that Hardware Acceleration is turned on.
m
l
September 2, 2011 9:54:02 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Don't listen to Windows quite yet. If you look in Device Manager, does the video card listed actually match what you have? Also take a look at the driver details, does it say the driver is provided by Microsoft or the PC or video card vendor?

Also check video properties and make sure that Hardware Acceleration is turned on.

hi mate, thanks for trying to help but the crux of the matter is nothing works,the drivers are by microsoft, the graphics card say's standard vga,but when i was running xp pro i had gforce fx, since i installed win 7 it doesn't recognise this, instead it's installed vga even thou it's got dx11, i have lost count of how many drivers i have downloaded just to find they are not compatable, even took it to my local pc repair shop and he tried his own driver disc which has probably got everything you could mention but got no result. he told me to reinstall xp, and because it's a laptop can't replace the graphics card, so it looks like i'm stuffed
m
l
a b \ Driver
a c 372 $ Windows 7
September 6, 2011 2:36:02 PM

If your card is not supported by Win 7, this is exactly what you will see happen. That's why I had you check if the drivers were the MS ones, it just loads those up so you can use the screen, it does not provide much functionality to the hardware past that. If your card is an nvidia one, you can check on their web site directly for your model, but many times for laptops they either don't provide drivers or they will not work, support for laptops usually falls on the vendor of the laptop.
m
l
September 8, 2011 6:16:52 AM

hang-the-9 said:
If your card is not supported by Win 7, this is exactly what you will see happen. That's why I had you check if the drivers were the MS ones, it just loads those up so you can use the screen, it does not provide much functionality to the hardware past that. If your card is an nvidia one, you can check on their web site directly for your model, but many times for laptops they either don't provide drivers or they will not work, support for laptops usually falls on the vendor of the laptop.

hi mate thanks for trying to help and for all your suggestions
m
l
!