shooman40

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
Hello.

I am unable to boot up Windows on my Dell Vostro 1400, running Windows XP Home. I got BSOD. Went through all options of repair, no luck. I used a program called Cypherix Cryptainer (http://www.cypherix.com/cryptainerle/) to make a encrypted portion of my hard drive prior to this hard drive failure. The way I accessed this portion of my hard drive usually, was to hit the icon on my desktop, and it asked me for password, and it would open up the vault, or the portion of the hard drive which was encrypted. This is where I stored all my family photos, and bank info, etc. Now that I cant open Windows, I cannot get to the icon that opens the vault. I have a data rescue disk, which I believe I can see the chunk of data, but I cant see my stuff, because its encrypted. IS anyone familiar with this cryptainer product, or one very similar? Sadly I havent backed up in quite some time, and am afraid I will be losing quite a bit. Please help? Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

G

Its been a while since you posted this, so I wonder if you were able to get through to Cypherix support in the last month. I have been trying for weeks to get through to them, but there has been no response from several emails to their support staff. I use the Cyptainer software as well (the standard version, not LE) and I have been very pleased with it its performance. Unfortunately, the links on the Cypherix web site for upgrading to the latest version seem to have died (4/9/2009).

As for your problem, if you try a boot disk and that does not work, consider a commercial recovery outfit for the drive. Once the windows partiton is restored, I believe you should be able to read the Cryptainer vault if it is not damanged. You may have to reinstall Cryptainner LE.

Please let me know if you get through to the support Cypherix staff !

Thanks,
Lloyd