Bought the Corsair VX550

jfuze

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2008
I just bit on the Buy.com special and got the Corsair VX550 for $73 shipped with Google checkout and a $23 mail in rebate. So $50 when I get my rebate check.

Alot of people suggested it and it has great reviews on NewEgg.... but I keep seeing people say it doesnt have modular cables. What exactly does that mean? Probably something I should know, but I dont. :heink:

Anyways, anyone else have experience with this PSU? :hello:

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
First of all what does that have to do with the original post ripvanwinkle? Fools aside, modular cables are cables that can be removed from the actual power supply, where non-modular power supplies have fixed wiring. I myself find modular cabling to be useless when the extra cables can be bundled up to form a "knot" of wires with cable ties. Any decent system will use most of the cables, so again I can not see how it can effect some ones opinion of the power supply, its very minor, and irrelevant compared to the quality of the power supply. If that is the biggest issue with your power supply then you have one great power supply.

In case you still don't understand, and I certainly understand why, here are some examples:

Non-modular, like your power supply, all connectors are fixed into the power supply and can not be removed, this is my model of power supply:
fullpic.jpg

Modular, as you can see all cables can be disconnected from the power supply, except the motherboard connector, only Ultra does that:
enermax_liberty2_fs.jpg