Sign in with
Your question

How to get old data?

Last response: in Windows XP
July 3, 2010 7:19:11 AM

Hello,
i want some help, my friend was format my laptop without my permission. but all my projects was there in my laptop. but after formatting how to i get that old datas? pls send me the mail to saratha04@yahoo.co.in

More about : data

July 3, 2010 9:05:32 AM

saratha04 said:
Hello,
i want some help, my friend was format my laptop without my permission. but all my projects was there in my laptop. but after formatting how to i get that old datas? pls send me the mail to saratha04@yahoo.co.in

First: Nobody is going to send you an email.

If you want your data back, turn off that computer... Now.
Do not install any programs, do not copy any files, as they may overwrite your data. The turn off the computer now bit is no joke. Your files may be further back into the drive and may be recovered, but not if they get overwritten.

Remove the hard drive and connect it in another computer as an additional storage device.
Get data recovery software... "Get data back for NTFS" works very well, actually, it's amazing.

http://www.runtime.org/

The trial mode will scan your drive, show what is recoverable, but will not allow the actual recovery. I suggest you run the program in the trial mode before purchasing it to see if your files are actually recoverable. It's a free download.

If you see your files are recoverable, purchase the program.
Copy out all files you want to recover to the host computer hard drive.
When you are certain all files are recovered and copied to another drive, you can then use Windows explorer to copy them back. This seems like a waste of time, but now they are back, and visible.

m
l
!