Changing username

Hi, I have just installed Windows XP Professional on my new machine and
unfortunately mispelt my name when entering the main user name (it now
prompts me "Log off Bruno Panerra"...).
Is there a way for me to change this name without reinstalling
everything?
Sorry for the stupid question.
Thanks

Bruno

Legally change your name to Bruno Panerra? Sorry...couldn't resist :)

I have similar problem so will watch for an answer.

"Bruno Panetta" <bpanetta@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have just installed Windows XP Professional on my new machine and
> unfortunately mispelt my name when entering the main user name (it now
> prompts me "Log off Bruno Panerra"...).
> Is there a way for me to change this name without reinstalling
> everything?
> Sorry for the stupid question.
> Thanks
>
> Bruno

You don't have to reinstall XP.

There are two things you can do. One easy. One not so easy. But both are
easier than reinstalling XP.

Go to the Control Panel and open User Accounts. Look for the Bruno Panerra
account and click on it. Click on Change the Name and change the name. This
is the quick solution but there is a minor problem. The folder in the
Documents and Settings directory will still have the name mispelled and you
can't just go and rename the folder. If that is not an issue, that's all.

If that's not good enough, reply and I will instruct you on rectifying the
misspelled folder problem.
--
That's just like my opinion, Man........

"Bruno Panetta" wrote:

> Hi, I have just installed Windows XP Professional on my new machine and
> unfortunately mispelt my name when entering the main user name (it now
> prompts me "Log off Bruno Panerra"...).
> Is there a way for me to change this name without reinstalling
> everything?
> Sorry for the stupid question.
> Thanks
>
> Bruno

Using the old reliable cure,

Log in with the misspelled name,
Save important programs

Reinstall Windows

"Bruno Panetta" <bpanetta@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have just installed Windows XP Professional on my new machine and
> unfortunately mispelt my name when entering the main user name (it now
> prompts me "Log off Bruno Panerra"...).
> Is there a way for me to change this name without reinstalling
> everything?
> Sorry for the stupid question.
> Thanks
>
> Bruno