Sapphire Atomic Radeon HD 3870 X2 (Images)

Seraphic

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2006
Sapphire to watercool Atomic Radeon HD 3870 X2
http://www.tcmagazine.com/comments.php?shownews=18002

Sapphire_Atomic_HD_3870_X2_01.jpg

I need single slot and I'm really interested to see how much it comes factory over-clocked. Let's just hope more then 300 are made (only 300 Atomic 3870s were made) and the price isn't too high up there.

However, the RV770 will be up to 50% faster than RV670 and launch in June. So it might be better to hold off on the X2 Atomic.

Dont think this card will be on general release myself, if as you say only 300 atomics were made(I just cant call that general release.) it sounds like they are playing the same game rally car designers do, ie for it to be eligable to rally it has to be a production car and x amount have to be produced.
This is just an assumption on my part it may not work like that but if it does I can see them making just enough for it to quallify which will mean that with the extra cooling they can run it at full potential with GDDR3/4 and be able to claim that (technically) they have the fastest card on the market.
I would be interested if anyone can shed any light on this guess of mine.
Thanks
Mactronix

Seraphic

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2006
I have a feeling that this Atomic will be a long term one. Although, could turn out to be wrong and there are no released specs as of yet. Just wonder if they are using a high quality water-cooling system or a cheap one.

spaztic7

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2007

I think you forgot about Subaru with this whole rally car thing. The Impreza line is for one reason only, so they can have a rally car.

THANK GOD SOMEONE HERE KNOWS ABOUT RALLY!!!! Enough of the NASCRAP! (I wonder what turn is coming up... oh... LEFT!)

ok... I understand what you are saying.

To the OP, I think you should just wait until the R770. Then again, we are talking about AMD here, and you may be waiting a long time for that.

ZozZoz

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2006
well. The general Impreza sold in Europe (and probably Americas , not sure) and the WRX (STI or not) have very little in common. Its like comparing a lobotomized drooling idiot to Einstein. :) I'm still suspicious that even the WRX STI is not the exact car that team Subaru uses.

spaztic7

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2007
From my understanding (which can be wrong), the DC rally team use just a STi that has been lightened, stronger suspension, catless exhaust, and I think just with rally tires.

What rally class are we talking about.

I am not sure if you know of DC. The original owner of DC shoes rally team.

Yes, No? Make any sense here?