Motherboard Startup Problem

Freezeron

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2007
Ok guys, I just post an answer at my problem.

I had a post about my Gigabyte based system that could not startup in the Gigabyte section.
I don't know how I can move the thread to this section so I post it here...Sorry, if anyone knows how to do it I will do it next time...

I had a problem and the system couldn't start not even the rise of the bios.

I had the same problem with my new mobo, but I found that when I discharge the system (pull off the power cable and push a few time the Power On button), I can start the system normally.
So I have to suspect my case for static electricity (everything is new even the PSU).
Anyone can tell me a way to ground my case so it can't be charged with static (I'm also trying to find the custom made ionizer for static and thermal dispersion, summer is coming to Greece...).

antas

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2008
Strange .. I never heard of any static issue on casing before .. At least at my place. I understand some locations have higher risk with static.

To ground properly you will need to connect your case, or ground pin (on the PSU) into the grounding system at your house. You can just connect to the case screw since I think most PSU/case doesn't have a specific ground pin. Expensive equipment will normally have this ground pin (CISCO router etc).

Still, I don't think that this is a grounding issue. Most likely it's your PSU/mobo. Perhaps one of the capacitor can not discharge properly. Have you tried to swap PSU?

Freezeron

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2007
Has I said before (this is an all new composition, a changed all my components).The computer is brand new, I just kept the case...
I have new mobo, new CPU, new PSU, new VGA, the all thing...

The first mobo was a Gigabyte, the new one is Asus.
The first PSU was a Q-Tec, the new is one is Coolermaster.

I didn't understand the the thing with the screw...
Sorry, this is greek to me lol...

antas

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2008
Oops sorry :) I don't read it well. Yes, you put already (about the 'everything new'). So have you found your problem?

Freezeron

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2007
Ok, so I had the exactly the same issue again... and I had already wrote about a complete discharge of the system (Power cable off the case and pushing the power button few times) makes the system to run properly...
I know that this will indicate a static electricity on my mobo, but ... look all this thread.
So I am trying to find a way to ground the case and verify my sayings by the time...
Antas, sorry I didn't mention that but in europe (except UK) all the power slots (sorry for the greek to you this time, I'm a little short on my vocabulary) are grounded.
So the question I do I ground the case to the PSU...
If anyone can help to do so...
Thanks to all your time allready.