Crazymage

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2007
Ok, I was just using the linux partition of my system and decided to switch over to windows. I shut it down then turned it back on and got a blank screen in return. My monitor is acting like it's not receiving a signal whatsoever. What could be the reason? Please don't tell me my videocard just fried itself...

Specs:
PSU: 1000w Thermaltake
CPU: e2140
Video Card: 8800gt
Mobo: Asus P5E

Crazymage

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2007
I knew that would be the first question asked so I've been trying to figure out which wire to plug in to get the case speaker to give me some beeps. I'm lost as to which were to pick, these are the choices

FPOUT-R
FPOUT-L
AUD GND
RET-R
RET-L
MIC
MIC-BIAS

Crazymage

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2007
Further info, I tried switching the dvi port I was using, I switched the PCI-E power cord it was on, and I also switched the PCIe slot that it was in

firemist

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
Use the speaker pins on the front panel header - the one with the power, reset, and hdd indicator. Not the ones that need drivers and codecs installed to use.

Crazymage

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2007
I've got the cords that you're talking about, also includes the power indicator, but that is all there is, there is no speaker part....

jeremyrailton

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2006
my project pc did that last night, though without the operating system switching. i had to remove my pci-e video card and plug into the onboard g33 graphics to get a video signal again. haven't isolated the cause of the problem yet, but i'll try to update when i get home and work on it.

Your case should have come with a small speaker, with a wire to plug it into a pin header on the mobo. Look near where the other case wires (HDD, Power, and Reset) are plugged in. The BIOS will issue beep codes through that speaker. A single beep is normal; anything else is an error, and the pattern of beeps (number and duration) will identify where the problem exists.

Crazymage

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2007
Yea...my case SHOULD have. I couldn't find the speaker cord when I was initially putting it all together, so I just skipped it and hoped it wouldn't matter. So today I tried looking for it again with no luck, so I started googling and found out the case that I paid 300 bucks for doesn't come with a freaking speaker, so now I'm just trying to track down one that I can use temporarily