Interrnet explorer won't open

Hello,
I can't get internet explorer to open. I've tried opening it without add-ons and using system restore. It only gives me an error report. I have a good internet connection, because I can go to the iTunes store and use other programs that connect to the internet without using the browser. I seriously wish I had downloaded another browser before this happened.
6 answers Last reply
More about interrnet explorer open
  1. Do you have the XP installation disk, or the system restore disk that came with the computer?
  2. Download the .exe from another PC, and transfer it to your PC. Then reinstall IE.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=9AE91EBE-3385-447C-8A30-081805B2F90B&displaylang=en
  3. I vote to re install also.
  4. vin1215 said:
    Hello,
    I can't get internet explorer to open. I've tried opening it without add-ons and using system restore. It only gives me an error report. I have a good internet connection, because I can go to the iTunes store and use other programs that connect to the internet without using the browser. I seriously wish I had downloaded another browser before this happened.

open internet explorer, click file.
    Is "work offline" check marked?
  5. If the browser won't open, the OP can't check that.
  6. I interpreted that as being: IE opens, but won't connect online. But perhaps you are correct, maybe won't open at all?
    In that case reinstall for sure I would think. Sorry.
Ask a new question

Read More

Internet Explorer Windows XP