Add two 500G disks to existing Raid 0?

ghardy

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
Hi all,

I have a Highpoint Rocketraid 3xx Controller on my Win2003 server with 2 120Gig hard drives in a RAID 0 configuration.

I am starting to run out of room, as this holds a large database. I just bought two 500 Gig hard drives, and was wondering if it is possible to add these two drives to the mirroring, so that they just increase the size of my C:\ drive? I really dont want to have to rebuild any partitions, re-install, or any of that jazz.

Thanks in advance!
gh

peggy

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
RAID 0 is stripping, there is no disk protection just increae the tranfer speed. RAID 1 is mirroring and do provide the piotection of disk failure. I don't know what model of your HighPoint RAID card, so I don't know your card can add 2 disks without rebuilding. I know HighPoint's new cards can add new hard disks without rebuilding, but old cards don't provide this feature.

Please reply if you have any questions, I'll try to find out the answer.

:)

peggy

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009

Hello,

What model of RocketRAID card do you have?
I think you can send a email to their FAE, support@highpoint-tech.com or call a phone to HighPoint 1-408-942-5800 tell him what problem you meet, I think it's quicker to solve your problem. :D

Peggy