Regarding voltages when overclocking.

V3NOM

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
:hello: sup guyz!

hopefully a quick question here...i think im getting known for long threads, lol :??:
ok i know for a fact on the evga 750i FTW it has voltage adjustments for northbridge, FSB and the cpu vcore. i don't know if other boards have the FSB voltage cos i haven't ever heard of it before but as a newcomer-ish to the overclocking scene, and having only been in 1 boards crappy bios, i could be wrong.

what i want to know is when overclocking, to maintain stability which do you +volt first, if at all? also do i need to bump my vcore if putting a Q6600 at 6 multiplier and 400 MHz, theoretically speaking, as the speed of the CPU hasn't changed from stock, it's justtaking more advantageo f the 800Mhz RAM.

also, what's the difference between NB and FSB voltages?? im gettin a bit confused here lol

thanks in advance.
V3NOM

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
you dont add more volts until the system become unstable upto a certain speed. if you lower the multiplier and up the FSB t maintian the same CPu clock speed you dont need to increase vcore. but if the system is unstable then you need to put more voltage on the FSB.

im getting kinda confuse with FSB,NB,MCH voltage as well. but from what i know is FSB voltage is more affective to the CPU but NB voltages is to the overall system and MCH is only increase when the memory become unstable.

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
in the situation i would up the FSB 1st because thats what been raised from before and then NB if still unstable last is the MCH. but all of them are linked together.

now the new P45 made it even more complicated with MCH ref,NB ref,FSB ref,NB vtt,FSB vtt.

i almost fainted when i saw it><