E8400 machine kips BSOD-ing

Andrzej_Pl

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2005
I'm doing something wrong. But, being a noob OCer, I don't know what :)
I'm using the DX-T2R X38 DFI board with TWIN2X4096-6400C5 Corsais DDR2 paired with e8400 and Andy Samurai Master with Coollaboratory Liquid MetalPad.

I put the FSB to 400 (just not to go too hard), same with memory. Machine booted without a problem, and first day it was working quite nice. But then problems started - when I was launching games the BSOD started to appear (system crashed, dumping memory and so) - Vista64bit

Temperatures, according to DFI monitor were about 49C.

So what am I doing wrong? SHould I put more voltage to CPU (it's running on auto)? change paste, or should Ichange anything more in Bios (yes ram is to 400/800)

Lupiron

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
You may wanna list what you have tried, if anything, and then list your gear. All of it as best you can.

then you can look with real temp, or core temp, for the VID of your particular processor.

Then you can look to see if you have load line calibration, or its equiv. in the bios.

Then you can test your vdrop and droop by locating said VID, entering it manually in the bios for the CPU voltage, disabling speed step, EIST and C1e, then booting at stock speeds and looking with CPUz while idle in windows.

Then run prime 95 small ffts test on all cores and after 1 minute, list the now lowered core voltage value in CPUz.

Also list your core temps while running the test after a few mins. Just to see if your cooler is on right, by stock temps. List the idle too, when you are done, and let it idle for a min or two.

Good luck!

--Lupi