MOTHERBOARD MYSTERY...........

tommyboy

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2008
i have a gigabyte P35C-DS3R with a q6600 cpu 36gb raptor evga 8600gts and two pioneer 115 ide dvd burners . when both dvd burners are connected as master and slave to the only ide socket the burning fails at about two percent and the system hangs till i force a reboot but if i remove the slave burner the burn goes perfectly.. i am using both nero 7 and imageburn also if i connect my external pioneer burner i also get failures and the burner spits out the disc.. the both burners have dma enabled .. should i replace the two ide pioneers for two sata burners instead... i have tried reinstalling the burning software but with the same results .. does this boards controllers just not like ide burners ? thanks in advance ..

ainarssems

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2008
Don't know I have beene uing two burners on the only IDE socket and work fine. I have even been simultaneously burning on both of the with two Nero's open. One of them is Sony other Optiarc also my mobo is Abit Atal1ty AN9 32X . Maybe You have problems because they are both the same. Anyway there is no need to buy 2 Sata drives if You can't get 2 ide working buy 1 sata and keep one ide.

TRENDING THREADS