help needed...expert solutions....

area61

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
all of a sudden when i powered my pc today, my lcd screen is not showing any red colors at all. red colours appear dark green in color. before this happened, i was doing some cable management and changed the location of my hardisk one slot below.even the red highlight in the bios screen appears dark green.when i hooked my friend'pc everthing was fine. all the things tat should appear red was in red and that means my lcd is ok. i am using the onboard video . yup i have tried my pc on my friends pc and its still the same....i did not bump my pc in anyway and i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver of both :cry: my monitor and video... can anyone help me troubleshoot this prob....thanks

cirdecus

Distinguished
I'd check the monitor jack on the back of the PC. Sometimes a bad connection can cause this, if its an analog monitor.

If you've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, theres not much you can do with onboard video. I've had this happen with a card that wasn't seated well in a slot, but never with onboard video.

If you can't find anything wrong with the monitor connection, then you may need to buy a video card :(

area61

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
hmm...i have solved the problem.....its not caused by the analog connector......hmmm....now i can see red.....peace finally...