jhyukkang

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2007
i just built a rig, e4500, geforce 8800gt, 2 gb crucial, antec neo 550, .....
and for the cooler, i have bought artic cooling freezer 7 pro
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186134

my mobo is set on max speed for all fans, but im only getting 600rpm, is this doa?, speciation says that min is 900rpm,
im not having trouble with the temp, idle - 33, load - 50 not bad FOR NOW i was planning to OC (maybe if the games are lagging) then it will cause probs. i dont want to send it back, it will take more thatn a week.

anyone have this cooler? what rpm are you getting at 100%?

bob8701

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
what motherboard you have? try plug the cpu fan on different fan connector, most cpu fan are thermal controled, you have to diable in the BIOS.

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
You prolly have a chipset feature in the bios called...... smart fan.

So, more then likely, its running at a low rpm, until it hits a certain temp, which then it will kick into full speed. See if you can find it, and disable it. That should cause it to run at full speed.

jeremyrailton

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2006
do you just want to hear your computer from the other side of the house? why max out all fans?

these guys are right, it's not spinning up because it's being thermally controlled from the bios. it will speed up when temps get to a certain point. you'll have to find the option to disable in the bios.

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
DOA could also mean:

Dead On Arrival
Dead Or Alive
Defective On Arrival
Denial of Access
Department on Aging
Dictionary of Acronyms
Degenerate Overclockers Anonymous...

:lol: . o O (and SOOOOO much more)

CPU Smart FAN Control

Enables or disables the CPU fan speed control function. Enabled allows the CPU fan to run at different speed according to the CPU temperature. You can adjust the fan speed with EasyTune
based on system requirements. If disabled, CPU fan runs at full speed.

CPU Smart FAN Mode

Specifies how to control CPU fan speed. This item is configurable only if CPU Smart FAN Control is set to Enabled.
Auto Lets BIOS autodetect the type of CPU fan installed and sets the optimal CPU fan control mode. (Default)
Voltage Sets Voltage mode for a 3-pin CPU fan.
PWM Sets PWM mode for a 4-pin CPU fan.
Note: The Voltage mode can be set for a 3-pin CPU fan or a 4-pin CPU fan. However, for a 4-pin
CPU fan that is not designed following Intel PWM fan specifications, selecting PWM mode may not
effectively reduce the fan speed.