Need Help with MB Intelligent Tweaker in BIOS

KAWill70

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2008
I have an OEM Computer with Gigabyte MB and Celeron D330 CPU running at 2.66 Ghz. The FSB was advertised as 533 Mhz. Memory is PC3200 DDR400.

The BIOS has an Intelligent Tweaker that may allow me to overclock the CPU, but I can only access the CPU Clock (133 Mhz) and DRAM Clock (400 Mhz).

Control plus F1 does not bring up any additional BIOS screens.

If I increase the CPU clock the DRAM Clock seems to follow at a 3X ratio of the CPU Clock, although I can also set it independently to a few available settings.

Any thoughts on the overclocking capability of this system?

I was thinking that the DRAM Clock rate would be the same as the FSB clock rate but I'm not sure that is the case. Are these rates typically the same or different?

KAWill70

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2008
Thanks to all who read this post. I just did a few experiments with my BIOS settings and the results are not encouraging.

Lowering the CPU clock does degrade performance as measured by the time it takes to execute a CPU intensive batch file that I wrote.

However, increasing the clock rate above the factory setting did not increase performance.

I did note one interesting thing in the Intelligent Tweaker section of the BIOS. When I lowered the CPU clock which also lowered the DRAM clock, the DRAM timing changed sometime afterwards.

The previous DRAM timing of 2.5T, 9T, 4T, 4T changed to 2.5T, 7T, 3T, 3T which would at least partially offset the lower DRAM clock rate. The Intelligent Tweaker does appear to work!