Sign in with
Your question

Help with 780i motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
March 23, 2008 4:25:46 PM

Hey building up my PC here and running into a bit of problem.

its specs are 780i mobo , qx9650 processor, no ram at moment, geforce 6600 gfx (to be replaced soon).

Now problem is when i turn it on without the CPU, the mobo comes on and everything works fine.
When i put the CPU it starts for a second and comes off.
Also not sure if this makes a difference i am using a liquid cooling system which won't use the originial fan not sure if that would be the cause of the computers sudden shut down.

Help or suggestions much appreciated.

More about : 780i motherboard

March 23, 2008 8:22:04 PM

anybody know where i can find a faq of typical hardware problems
?
March 23, 2008 9:08:29 PM

well you said you have no ram atm could that be your problem
Related resources
March 23, 2008 9:39:12 PM

well thing is the mobo comes on when the CPU not there but with the CPU the entire thing just shuts off. Well if its the RAM i will find out tuesday but i really doubt that is the problem.
March 23, 2008 9:52:47 PM

why would you even try powering it up when you dont have all the parts yet??? did you expect it to work?
March 23, 2008 11:53:12 PM

no wasn't expecting to have windows load or anything
i am just watching the internal behaviour. It was working aka fan spinning and led's lighting when i press the power button and when i put in the CPU it just starts for a second and fan's and LED's just drop dead for some reason i think that should not happen ( sarcasm).
March 23, 2008 11:59:45 PM

yeah i already had posted something on EVGA same time with this post.
March 24, 2008 2:29:52 AM

ok i talked to a friend of mine so what i gather is that it really need the major components otherwise it cuts off. Not sure how true it is but its the only thing i have to work with.
March 28, 2008 1:05:39 AM

well it was not the RAM
!