Sign in with
Your question

$43.99 upgrade my PC to USB 3.0

January 16, 2013 6:27:37 AM

Only $43.99 i upgraded my pc to USB 3.0! I am so excited that I want to share my experience with those who needed.

This is a great addition to the computer, adding USB 3.0 and also 6 USB 3.0 card readers directly to the front for real easy access.

I would like to share in points.

Installation:

To be honest, I am not good at computer building so I was a little hesitated about the installation before buying, but I finally decided to buy it because of the ads stating “Only one step to upgrade” and I really eager for an USB 3.0 card reader for my multiple cards. Not disappointing me, the installation be is very easy! You only need to turn off your computer, insert the PCI-E card of the combo to the pci-e slot of your pc and screw the item to the front panel and then plug the 4 pin socket into the combo. That’s all about it!

Transfer rate:

USB 3.0 is remarked as up to 5.0Gbps. I only tested the transfer rate of the card readers by software; it’s not as describes to be 5.0Gbps but can still get a faster speed than 2.0 to around 4.0Gbps to 4.8Gbps.

I will test the USB 3.0 hub slot with my WD disk.

Now one week passed, the performance is stable, so I suggest buying it. I chose a cheaper one $43.99 from Sunvalleytek on Amazon and the brand is HooToo.

You can find it on: http://www.amazon.co...duct/B00ATKKV0A
I just found that it's now on sale for $39.99 :( 

But before you buy it, check with your motherboard that there is PCI-E X1 or X16 slot and a 4 pin power molex in it.

Hope my information helps! :D  :D 

More about : upgrade usb

!