M Audio Soundcards

bigheadmikelove

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2008
I consider myself somewhat of an audiophile (I kinda DJ, it's all bedroom now though, no more clubs for the dj bighead inside!!!)and I am building my gaming PC so I went all fancy and bought this card on the cheap (47.99 us) M Audio 5.1 High Definition PCI Soundcard I am now having second thoughts about this part, I kinda think that it may cause issues when gaming, if anyone knows anything about it please lemme know

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
My buddy had an M-audio card it for some reason it would NOT play nice with his system. I forgot exactly what happened, but I do remember having to remove it and switching to integrated as the only solution. I personally would never get an M-aduio, maybe the CL's X-fi audio edition deal.

rushfan

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2006
M-Audio make excellent audiophile cards for listening but they're not well-suited for gaming. If you have it, enable the onboard audio on your motherboard or buy a cheap SoundBlaster card for gaming. I have an M-Audio 2496 for music playback and a SoundBlaster Audigy for the two occasions per year that I feel like playing a game. It's no problem to have more than one soundcard in your system at the same time.

Winly

Distinguished
M- audio sound cards are for people who work with music and record or make beats and things like that. also to record with a better quality. but for gaming i will not buy one. is better a Creative but if you work with music is a good idea to have it.

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007

Id have to agree here, either onboard for gaming and m-audio for listening or buy another card for gaming creative X-fi do an awesome job for games