Pioneer PDP 4351

Last response: in Home Theatre
June 26, 2005 9:01:47 PM

Hello,

This will be my first step in the HDTV world and I am considering the
Pioneer PDP 4351. I am hoping the someone is knowledge on it performance,
etc. compared to other comparible models / manufacturers.

I searched "Google" but came up empty.

Would appreciate any comments and reviews. (Or links for consumer reports.)

Thanks in advance.

More about : pioneer pdp 4351

June 26, 2005 10:27:13 PM

I think that you may be looking for the PDP 4345HD or the PDP 4340. I don't
remember seeing a 4351. Cnet has
http://reviews.cnet.com/Pioneer_PDP-4345HD_43_Plasma_TV...
And shows both.

DF

"Felice" <delcolle@charter.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> This will be my first step in the HDTV world and I am considering the
> Pioneer PDP 4351. I am hoping the someone is knowledge on it
performance,
> etc. compared to other comparible models / manufacturers.
>
> I searched "Google" but came up empty.
>
> Would appreciate any comments and reviews. (Or links for consumer
reports.)

> Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
June 27, 2005 1:25:43 AM

DF wrote:
> I think that you may be looking for the PDP 4345HD or the PDP 4340. I don't
> remember seeing a 4351. Cnet has
> http://reviews.cnet.com/Pioneer_PDP-4345HD_43_Plasma_TV...
> And shows both.
>
> DF
>

> "Felice" <delcolle@charter.net> wrote in message
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>This will be my first step in the HDTV world and I am considering the
>>Pioneer PDP 4351. I am hoping the someone is knowledge on it
>
> performance,
>
>>etc. compared to other comparible models / manufacturers.
>>
>>I searched "Google" but came up empty.
>>
>>Would appreciate any comments and reviews. (Or links for consumer
>
> reports.)
>
>>Thanks in advance.
June 27, 2005 1:31:42 AM

The Pioneer PDP 4351 is the new Best Buy model. The 4351 is identical
to the current 4350 model, but Best Buy uses a different model
designation for the 43" and 50" Pioneers, probably to prevent direct
price comparison.

Do a google search for the PDP 4350 - that should turn up a few hits.
The Pioneer website is www.pioneerelectronics.com for starters. The
Pioneer plasmas are very good plasmas with their strong point being
their vivid colors and bright screens which are very good for watching
sports. The weak point of the Pioneers is the middling minimum black
level which can result in the loss of detail in dark scenes, especially
in movies. For more than you may want to know, try
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=40.

Alan F

DF wrote:

> I think that you may be looking for the PDP 4345HD or the PDP 4340. I don't
> remember seeing a 4351. Cnet has
> http://reviews.cnet.com/Pioneer_PDP-4345HD_43_Plasma_TV...
> And shows both.
>
> DF
>

> "Felice" <delcolle@charter.net> wrote in message
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>This will be my first step in the HDTV world and I am considering the
>>Pioneer PDP 4351. I am hoping the someone is knowledge on it
>>performance, etc. compared to other comparible models / manufacturers.
>>
>>I searched "Google" but came up empty.
>>
>>Would appreciate any comments and reviews. (Or links for consumer
> reports.)
>
>>Thanks in advance.
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 1:31:43 AM

Thank you Alan, and the rest, for your response and counsel. You were right
on all counts and the avsforum has it own Pioneer "e-mail thread" that is
really useful.

"Alan Figgatt" <afiggatt@comcast.net> wrote in message
> The Pioneer PDP 4351 is the new Best Buy model. The 4351 is identical
> to the current 4350 model, but Best Buy uses a different model
> designation for the 43" and 50" Pioneers, probably to prevent direct
> price comparison.
>
> Do a google search for the PDP 4350 - that should turn up a few hits.
> The Pioneer website is www.pioneerelectronics.com for starters. The
> Pioneer plasmas are very good plasmas with their strong point being
> their vivid colors and bright screens which are very good for watching
> sports. The weak point of the Pioneers is the middling minimum black
> level which can result in the loss of detail in dark scenes, especially
> in movies. For more than you may want to know, try
> http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=40.
>
> Alan F
>

> DF wrote:
>
> > I think that you may be looking for the PDP 4345HD or the PDP 4340. I
don't
> > remember seeing a 4351. Cnet has

http://reviews.cnet.com/Pioneer_PDP-4345HD_43_Plasma_TV...
> > And shows both.
> >
> > DF
> >

> > "Felice" <delcolle@charter.net> wrote in message
> >
> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>This will be my first step in the HDTV world and I am considering the
> >>Pioneer PDP 4351. I am hoping the someone is knowledge on it
> >>performance, etc. compared to other comparible models / manufacturers.
> >>
> >>I searched "Google" but came up empty.
> >>
> >>Would appreciate any comments and reviews. (Or links for consumer
> > reports.)
> >
> >>Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
June 27, 2005 8:57:19 PM

Costco also has a similar Pioneer model (the special was $3000) on their
website. costco.com The folks over at the avsforum might know more on
comparing the two models. Or you can visit the pioneer website to compare
the two models ..

noone

!