Opti UPS 500VA caused problem for new SYstem...!!!

gokhan76

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
Hi Guys,

I just build the system on my signature late February. I was having ram errors on my system whn I check the memtest always 300 errors or more. So that time I had Corsair rams which is 2.2volt now after having these errors on my P5E X38 I swapped the rams with ADATa rams which are 1.8volt and I clocked the motherboard dram to 1.82 volt which fixed all my problems. By the way the corsair rams I tested on another system which has p965 chipset never had any errors. I played with the volts on X38 to set the corsair but still didn't work but that time UPS was plugged consider that as well guys.

The funny part of this now I just realized why all my errors was coming from I just found today.

I check my OPTI UPs specs apparently it can supply only upto 320W so in that case UPS wasn't supplying the good amount of power to my system so therefore was causing the tourbles. So now I switched on to the wall power now with surge protection for now until I buy better UPS.
Also running with UPS when I unplugged the power cord from my system for a 5 minutes and plugged it back again I used to have CMOS Checksum errors after plugged in to the wall I tested no problems.

PS: I checked my system from Extreme PSU it was rated as 384W

My questions are to you guys :

1- Running the system with Opti UPS with a low power supply. Do you guys think might have caused damage any of my system parts at all?

2- If I put my old corsair rams in to this system now do you guys think I might have problems still on memtest or should I stick to this ADATA rams which are 5-5-5-18 1.8volt compare to Corsair 4-4-4-12 2.2volt.

NOTE: My VGA Card is ASUS 8800GTS 512MB 2 Sata hdd 7200.10 1 ide HDD 2 Dvd RW Sata

Regards,

GOKHAN

bob8701

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
1.NO, the funny thing about actually pc power usage is way low than you think, it is no way near the 384w.
2. you have to test out yourself