When will FOX in Austin increase power?

Last response: in Home Theatre
June 27, 2005 7:01:16 AM

Does anybody know when they will switch on the higher power DTV
transmitters? One website says "July 2005".
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 1:15:21 PM

July 1st is the deadline for the top 100 markets to go full power in
their broadcasting. Their full power signal should be matched to
broadcast to the same areas as their analog signal. The other 110
markets should go full power by July 1st , 2006.

--
MikeD-C05, Posted this message at http://www.SatelliteGuys.US
Anonymous

In article <0_Jve.130$Ox3.50@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>,
cledus <cledus@noemail.net> wrote:

> Does anybody know when they will switch on the higher power DTV
> transmitters? One website says "July 2005".

I've been wondering too, so yesterday I did a google search, and found a
message board posting that said they got the new gear delivered to the
transmitter shack Friday. So give 'em a couple of weeks to get it
powered up and tuned.

Since the external tuner box on my main TV doesn't have an analog tuner,
and I really don't want to watch that horribly ghosted picture anyhow, I
haven't been watching much Fox in the past year. Lots of KLRU, though,
sometimes even the horribly down-rezzed KLRU-S just listening to the
audio.
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 9:58:24 PM

Austin FOX HD, i.e. KTBC-DT, has been excellent since we got our HDTV last
October. But that's over Time-Warner Cable. No OTA reception. I am
looking forward to their OTA powering up, as a backup to TW, if nothing
else. That is a great thing about digital, that the OTA is the best signal
you can get, rather than the worst, as with analog, but running it through a
pausable, recordable HD-DVR has some great advantages, too!

mack
austin

!