My Write CD-RW drive will burn data files to CD-R disks but not to CD-RW
disks. Help, please and thank you.

--
Stephen Kroll

Are these new CD-R/W discs? If not have you tried erasing them? What Burning
software are you using?
--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"Stephen Kroll" <stephen.kroll@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> My Write CD-RW drive will burn data files to CD-R disks but not to CD-RW
> disks. Help, please and thank you.
>
> --
> Stephen Kroll

Thank you for your reply. Yes, the CD-RW disks are new. And once I have
tried to copy to them and have failed, I erase them (and, of course, try
again with the same lack of success!).

The burning software I use is the Roxio program in Windows XP. I have also
downloaded two other trial programs from CNET Downloads and the results are
the same. Curiously, with the Windows XP program I will get an error message
to the effect that the program cannot complete the process. With the other
two programs, the burning seems to progress smoothly, I get a message saying
the process has completed successfully--but there are 0 objects on the disk.

Again, I will be grateful for advice. Thank you.

> Are these new CD-R/W discs? If not have you tried erasing them? What
> Burning software are you using?
> --
>
> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>

> "Stephen Kroll" <stephen.kroll@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> My Write CD-RW drive will burn data files to CD-R disks but not to CD-RW
>> disks. Help, please and thank you.
>>
>> --
>> Stephen Kroll

marciawright

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
I had the same problem with Fujifilm CD-R disks. I burned music files to them using Nero Express Essentials, but 2 of the 4 disks show 0 objects after they've been burned. I tried re-burning to the same disks and the process appeared to take place, but again, no files. Can anyone explain what happened? Thanks.
Marcia

fishstick919

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
It could just be that your drive doesnt like the brand of discs that you are using or it could be that your drive doesnt support cd-rw media or maybe the discs are actually cd+rw.

marciawright

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009

I bought a whole new system last August, including the DVD/CD drive. The disks are labeled "R", but I suppose they could have been mislabeled and actually be RW. But if that's the case, why wouldn't they show the list of files I burned to them?