E2160 mobility cpu? Did I get ripped off?

momentkiller

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2008
whatthef2.jpg

wtf.jpg

Is this a bug in cpu-z? or did I get ripped off? The core speed keeps fluxuating(only in cpu-z ) ;between 1200 and 1800

The information given by everest isn't comforting either
whathef3.jpg

btw If you need extra info I have the packaging laying besides me now

LukeBird

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2007
That is caused by a function called SpeedStep, it's to save energy :)
Have a look here for some more info -http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/247006-10-running-full-speed-wrong-multiplier

momentkiller

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2008
phew... that's a relief. I'll wait untill I get my 9600GT and then i'm going to OC it to 3.0ghz :) (at least give it a try)

Thanks for the quick response

@ the OP, all of Core2 is based off of the Pentium M. But don't worry as you do have a Pentium DC. Just remember that the Merom/Allendale/Conroe and so on are all part of the same family.

Enjoy the chip, get a good aftermarket HSF.

randomizer

Champion
Does it say "Intel Confidential" on the integrated heatspreader? I noticed everest thinks you have an engineering sample (could be a bug since cpu-z doesn't report it), which if you do means you got illegally sold a chip and should give intel a call. Intel are very nice to customers who return engineering samples :)

The last guy who got a ES called Intel and got a QX6700 for his C2D X6800 if I remember correctly. You could upgrade to a much nicer chip for the price of a Pentium DC. :D

ocguy31

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008

Holy crap I almost spit out my drink when I read that. :lol: