Build Complete!!! (Now with Pictures)

fueled_by_ramen

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2007
After almost 2 months of reading forums/reviews, searching, pulling my hair out, price calculations, headaches, and occasional depression...I finished my build about a couple weeks ago. Much thanks to everyone that helped me out and gave me input/advice/verbal abuse/etc.

Thought I would post some pictures of it since I'm bored and in case anyone is interested. I would thank the ones that helped by name but there were too many, but you know who you are. ;)

NEW SYSTEM:
E8400 w/ stock cooling (Not OC'ed and not really planning on OC'ing for a little bit, but believe me, I will very soon ;))
ASUS P5K-E
Crucial Ballistix 2GB DDR2-800
Visiontek HD 3850 512MB (only OC'ed to 720/950 currently, not sure why but CCC caps it there. I might use Riva soon and bump it up some more, don't really need to though)
Seagate 250GB HDD
ASUS Optical Drive
CoolerMaster Centurion 5
Antec Earthwatts 500

Total $750 (Under budget FTW!)

Old stuff:
Samsung 21" LCD (It's old but it's still big, bright and works great)
Logitech MX Duo (Also old but it's the best keyboard/mouse I've ever had. Don't even know how much coffee and iced tea I've spilled onto it and it's perfectly fine ;))
Creative 2.1 I-Trigue 3300 (Again, an old set of speakers but they still sound great)

Enjoying Crysis @ 12x10, all high settings and 2xAA. Company of Heroes @ 16x12 All Max. Smooth as a baby's butt. Adobe Premier and Maya run amazing with the dual cores. *drool*

CPU idles @ 28C and GPU @ 45C

Call me a dork, but I love how everything matches. All silver and black finally. Last case was stupid and didn't match at all.

Whole system
DSCN1200.jpg

Little close up. The Centurion5 case isn't as fancy or flashy as others, but I love it. Nice and sleek and CHEAP! Ha
DSCN1202.jpg

Sorry for the crappy shots, I was taking these in the dark practically
DSCN1208.jpg

I gotta get back in there and take care of the cables. I got lazy but I'll do it soon.
DSCN1211.jpg

And the icing on the cake...my glow in the dark zombies and my USB rocket launcher. Yes, my girlfriend gets one of these in the back of the head every now and then while she's at her computer. I can't resist.
DSCN1203.jpg

Anyway, thanks again for the help everyone! THG and its forums are the best!

akhilles

Splendid
I'm pretty sure it's not the 40-year-old virgin's bedroom. :D

Critique: You can get 3.6ghz out of the stock coola; The setup can use some cable management: zip-ties will work.

roadrunner197069

Splendid
Sep 3, 2007
Looks very cool I got the silver and black theme going as well. I got a e2180 OC to 3.33 until I can get a Q9450. Heres a pic and a crappy video link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HguFs7Lr2iw
The monitor is a 42" 1080p TV.