Jack Daniels

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
Does anyone have this Intel motherboard to share installation questions?
I haven't decided on this one or my very first choice a while back that being the P35-DS3L.
The Intel board is not a OC'r I know. Stability is my primary concern.

jamsid

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2008
I got 1 Still i didn't get it running cuz i'm waiting for my RAM's to be shipped. I think it's a good board but they have send a floppy with the MB but the MB doesn't have a floppy connector..lol

rozar

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2007
I used one in a build about 3 weeks ago with a Q9450 and Crucial DDR2 800. Very stable board. What were the questions?

Jack Daniels

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
Finally got mine built and it runs sweet with Intel's E8400 and Kingston ValueRam DDR 2 800 @1.8v. Also have it loaded with Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit SP1 OS on a Seagate ES.2 server HD. Everything went together smooth as silk. If someone is building a computer using this board, the first thing I would recommend you do is check the RAM before you load up the OS. Use Memtest and burn it to a CD as a ISO file. Then load it and run the test to see if you might have a bad stick or 2. Also make sure you have the most current BIOS and update it before you load the OS. The DP35DP will come with an old BIOS (at least mine did) so check this first and then see about updating the BIOS to the latest version. This helped me have no problems with the build and installed the OS in less than 20 minutes!
Cheers,
Jack D.