Using a CM 690 case for my first build

nerr

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2008
I'm going to be building my first PC soon, but one thing has come to my attention: My CM 690 case (which I already bought since I got a good deal on it) has no motherboard speaker inside. If I put my PC together and it doesn't POST... how am I supposed to figure out what's wrong, with no beep codes? Is there something else I can do to figure out where I went wrong, if I run in to issues? I'm using a Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3P motherboard in my build, if that helps.

Also, is there any way I could say... rip a speaker off an old motherboard from an old computer, and use it with my new one until I get it up and running?

ausch30

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
go to Radio Shack and buy a small speaker and connector for a couple bucks if your really worried about it. I have a Cooler Master case and I don't have a speaker either, I was never really concerned about it.

LukeBird

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2007
Over here in the UK, it's almost like they don't exist anymore!
If you really need one, I have no idea where you go for one, but fortunately I had no problems! :)

nerr

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2008
I see... We do have a Radio Shack here, so I'll probably go there and look for a speaker if I run into problems. Thanks for the advice.